- Do I need a referral to see Doctor Katelaris?
In order to receive a Medicare rebate for consultations a current referral is necessary.
Referrals for general practitioners are valid for 12 months.
Referrals from other specialists are valid for 3 months.
- How do I make an appointment to see Dr Katelaris?
Appointments at all locations can be made by telephoning 9477 7904.
Doctor Katelaris consults in three locations:
Hornsby – Level 1, 51 Palmerston Rd.
St Leonards – North Shore Private Hospital, Level 3, Suite 11.
Castle Hill – Lawton House at 60 Cecil Avenue.
Enquiries can be made via email to email@example.com
- What fees will be charged when I see Doctor Katelaris?
Clarification of all fees can be addressed to the office staff before your appointment or procedure.
For all elective diagnostic and therapeutic procedures you will be given a quote for the purposes of informed financial consent, this includes information about rebates from health funds and Medicare.
- What do I do after hours if I have an acute urological emergency?
After hours, on holidays and weekends Doctor Katelaris can be contacted through the Emergency Department at the Sydney Adventist Hospital in Wahroonga.
If you have an emergency, present to the department and let them know you are one of Doctor Katelaris’ patients.
- Will Dr Katelaris personally be responsible for my care?
All operations will be performed by Dr Katelaris himself. Junior medical officers and surgical registrars in training do not operate on patients under his care.
- Will my relatives be kept informed of my progress whilst I am in hospital?
For patients admitted to the Sydney Adventist Hospital overnight Dr Katelaris will telephone the nominated next of kin as soon as possible after the operation has concluded.
For day only surgical patients Dr Katelaris will discuss their procedure with them in the discharge lounge prior to their leaving the hospital.
Progress reports during a patient’s stay in hospital will be provided to an authorised relative upon request.
- Am I able to clarify advice given after a consultation?
If there is anything that you do not understand after a consultation with Dr Katelaris you are welcome to telephone the office stating the nature of your enquiry. Alternatively Dr Katelaris will respond to enquiries emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Will my general practitioner be kept informed of my condition whilst under the care of Dr Katelaris?
After each consultation in the office the general practitioner will promptly receive a clinical update from Dr Katelaris.
- Will my medical condition remain confidential whilst under the care of Dr Katelaris?
All medical information is held in strict confidence. Only authorised recipients of clinical information such as the referring general practitioner will be kept informed.
Employed nursing and administrative staff have all signed strict confidentiality agreements with respect to the privacy of our patients.